Saturday, March 19, 2011

Irrigation as a metaphor

So we irrigated a few days ago. 



It was the first irrigation of the year, and as usual, all the accumulated leaves and junk come down the whole length of the acequia and end up in our pipes.  We spend a lot of time on the first watering just scooping out the debris so the water can flow freely.  A lot of water comes in through overflow, before I even lift the gate to let it into the property.  Then when it's all clear, and I open the gate, the rush comes in and finishes the flooding.  











me in the flood


I was thinking about how much this process resembles the rush of new information I have absorbed in the last few years, 2010 in particular.  That is the year I discovered my intuition, my totem animals, and my ability to sense energetic patterns.  I learned something about past lives, soul tribes, and soul mates.  I found that I can see an aura occasionally, or sometimes pick up other people's memories when my hands are on them.  I even accidentally got into someone else's dream once when we were sleeping next to each other. 

I learned that what I used to call "coincidence" may be better termed synchronicity… and that when the student is ready, the teachers arrive.  From all over the place.

A very intense year, for sure, especially for someone who thought ESP and "psychic" phenomena were all total BS before I found out that I had access to them.


It used to be a cue for the weird music, and now it's just a part of my daily reality.


I have often said that I felt as if I were on the receiving end of a fire hose of information.  Like the flood waters, it was intense and at times very overwhelming.  Also like the irrigation, a lot of information came to me the "sneaky" way -- through leakage and overflow.  It took a lot for me to integrate the new avenues of knowledge that were being presented to me, especially to stop doubting their reality.  As someone who had been brought up to believe that Western Science was the be-all and end-all of information, it was a truly stunning left-turn into a different paradigm.  My right brain and left brain were at odds quite frequently, and yet I could not doubt the evidence... that this knowledge that I received --- in a non-standard manner!--- helped me achieve successful treatments with my clients.  

Much as the water deeply covers the ground, and provokes a burst of growth and blossoming from apparently dormant plants, the flood of information I received also provoked a huge amount of personal growth and blossoming in myself as well.

ahhhh, the cherries!


Scooping out the detritus of old material from the water is also symbolic of all the things, both material as well as mental and spiritual, that I had to let go of in order to free my internal space to accept the new knowledge.  In Polarity Training, we learned to hold a neutral space for ourselves and for our clients, in order that we do not interfere in their journey or their process.  This mental, emotional, and spiritual clearing allows us to know what "stuff" belongs to ourselves, and what belongs to our clients.  This has been an invaluable tool for me to release ideas, physical adaptations, and stuck energetic patterns that were outmoded and not useful to me anymore.

The old leaves I can use as mulch to give life to the new growth… the old ideas I can use as a yardstick for perspective on how far I have come and how much I have learned.  But I do not have to hold onto anything that does not serve me anymore either, and this is a huge relief.

I have a little mantra taped to the front of my computer, which reads, "Letting go of your fears makes more room for your dreams."  It was truly in the letting go that I learned to free myself to follow my true path in life.... which, THANK GOD/SOURCE/UNIVERSE, I found here, now.

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment